The first Indian Gymkhana Ladies team was created in 2006. At their peak a couple of years ago, the Ladies fielded 3 senior sides in the Middlesex League.
The Youth section started some 20 years ago with a boys team made up mainly of sons of fathers who have played at the club. So talented was the team that they became the National Champions within a few seasons. Many of those boys went onto to represent the club at County and Regional levels and in our own Men’s 1st team where some still play today.
The Youth section today has 150+ members and is still growing. As every year passes we are bringing in more and more professionalism both on the pitch and off it. As a trusted club, Indian Gymkhana HC gained ClubsFirst Accreditation at the first time of asking.
Hockey is the heart and soul of Indian Gymkhana. At the weekends, particularly when the 1st team are playing at home, there is a unique atmosphere when past and current players engage in discussions related to how hockey was played, is played now and how it should be played.
Indian Gymkhana will field the following sides in 2015/2016.
- 5 x men’s teams
- 1 x men’s vets team
- 1 x ladies team
- 2 x U16 league teams (1 boys, 1 girls)
- 2 x U14 league teams (1 boys, 1 girls)
- U12 (boys and girls), U10 (boys and girls) and U8 mixed festival teams
We are always on the lookout for players who can commit to the ethos of the club, to the training schedule and to each game.
2015/16 Hockey Committee
- Chairman: Kamal Naqvi
- Vice Chairman : Gurlal Singh
- Secretary: Kam Roopra / [email protected]
- Treasurer: Zaheer Cockar / [email protected]
- Disciplinary Officer: Ahsan Mir / [email protected]
- Fixtures : Tony Tamana / [email protected]
- Membership Secretary: Jazz Mann
- Junior Coordinator : Jenny Wile / [email protected]
- Men’s Club Captain: Kinde Hanspal
- Ladies Club Captain: Kam Roopra / [email protected]